Fair Co-Chair: Eileen Kraut (610-574-7161)
Dear People of St. David’s,
It is with a heavy heart and deep disappointment that we must announce the cancellation of the 169th St. David’s Country Fair scheduled for October 3rd, 2020.
We are not aware of another time that the fair has been canceled, but as you can imagine, this decision was made only after much thought and discussion with church leaders, including our vestry, Frank Allen, and our church management.
In fairness to our volunteers, vendors, and all those involved, we feel that this decision is in the best interest of the health, safety, and welfare of our parish. This decision to cancel was made because of the overwhelming concern and restrictions around the COVID-19 virus. Based on what we know now regarding the COVID-19 virus, no vaccine is available and social distancing is mandated.
While we cannot commit to a fair as we know it, we are committed to reviewing how we might mark the October date with what is permitted at that time.
- We will re-evaluate (in ~two months) the status of social interactions
- We will look to identify what gatherings are permissible for October—possibly an all-parish picnic or other meetings to enjoy responsible fellowship and raise funds for outreach projects
- Look for alternative ways to fundraise within the church to support Outreach
- Stop all bulk fair donations (items—toys, clothing, sports, fleas, etc.) that require sorting (until further notice)
- Stop all sorting activities of fair donations (until further notice)
- Keeping this note and any new updates on our St. David’s Fair webpage
- Adding an abbreviated version in our church announcements
For additional information on alternative groups and/or businesses accepting household donations, please click the link below.
If you’d like to support St. David’s Outreach today, click the link below. Please be sure to select ‘Fair Outreach’ under ‘Select a Fund.’
We want to thank everyone who has shared in the 2020 Fair planning, sorting, and other works of love and support.
St. David’s may be separated right now, geographically, but we know that we are still connected spiritually and through the love for the Fair and our Outreach partners!
We look forward to planning and holding the 2021 St. David’s Country Fair next year with renewed purpose to celebrate the 169th St. David’s Country Fair!
Again, thank you all.
Elizabeth Lowy & Eileen Kraut
Chair and Co-Chair, St David’s Country Fair 2020
Welcome to the 2020 Country “Attic” (Replaces Auction)
Here you will find miscellaneous items for sale including household, outdoor, artwork, etc for purchase. Though we cannot have you come to the Auction tent this year, we are bringing the items to you! Please take a look at the selection and let us know if you would like to make a purchase. All proceeds benefit our local and international outreach missions and we need your help this year more than ever!
Please contact Anne Cunningham at email@example.com or 610.357.3430 if you would like to make a purchase, view an item, pick up purchases or make a donation. All visits are by appointment only. Donations must be in very good condition. We accept cash and checks. Thank you!
The Fair’s popular flea market, book, toy and sports tents are not to be missed. The Fair’s biggest attraction, the live Country Auction, features an exciting day filled with bidding on a unique assortment of antiques, collectibles, furniture and art. Other shopping options include:
- Country Auction: Quality furniture, china, antiques, artwork, collectibles
- “Buy-It-Now” Tent: Furniture and household items for auction or direct sale
- Flea Market: Tableware, lamps, artwork, jewelry, silver, linens, etc.
- Sports Center: Gently-used sports equipment (skis, golf, etc.)
- Second Hand Rose: Fashionable ladies’, men’s, and children’s clothing
- Plants: Great variety of house and outdoor plants, pumpkins, mums, etc.
- Twice Loved Toys: Puzzles, games, stuffed animals, art, action figures, toy trucks, bikes, and gently used baby items
- House of David: Quality name-brand and gently used clothing
- Book Tent: Gently used books of all types
Food & Drink
No need to leave the grounds for lunch or a snack! The Fair has an assortment of delicious snacks and meals for you, including:
- McDavid’s: Burgers, hot dogs, fries, sodas, soft pretzels
- Bakery Basket: Home baked cakes, pies, brownies, and breads
- Omelets: Made to order with all the fixins’
- Church Chili & Soup: St. David’s famous chili, as well as Clam Chowder
- St. David’s Honey: Made right here on the grounds of St. David’s
- Caramel Apples: Fresh apples dipped in caramel, with toppings!
- Lemon Sticks: These old fashioned treats have been made at the Fair for years
- Popcorn: If you’re in need of a salty fix
- Salads: Freshly made with multiple toppings options
This year at the Fair, we have many entertainment options for adults and children alike! Some of the highlights include:
- Pony Rides
- Cake Walk
- Moon Bounce
- Train Rides
- Midway: Games with Prizes
- Inflatable Games
- Kid’s Crafts
- Face Painting
- Photo Buttons
- Live Folk Band
- Caricature Artist
- Cecil & Grace Bean Soup Kitchen, Inc.
- Chester Children’s Chorus
- Community Arts Norristown
- Cradles to Crayons
- Episcopal Church Club of Philadelphia
- Episcopal Community Services
- Interfaith Hospitality Network
- Main Line Meals on Wheels
- Peter’s Place
- Partners in Cuba
- Partners in Guatemala
- Partners in Uganda
- St. David’s Afterschool Program
- St. David’s Episcopal Day School
- St. Gabriel’s Episcopal Church
- St. James School
- St. John’s Episcopal Church
- St. Mary’s Episcopal Church Food Cupboard
- Surrey Services for Seniors
- The Church of St. Augustine of Hippo
- Trinity Children’s Centre
- Wayne Senior Center
Do you have any photos from the Fair you would like to submit to St. David’s?
Fill out the form below and uplod them. Thank you!!