Dear People of St. David’s,
We invite you to a new year of mission and ministry, life and community at St. David’s and in the world at our Kick-Off Sunday, September 12.
We are blessed by the God who loves us and is present in our lives in so many ways. That is the good news Jesus brings to our lives every day. It is the good news that encourages and empowers us to live into our mission to know God in Jesus Christ and to make Christ known to others.
With every new year and, indeed, with every new day, we have an opportunity to grow in our life with God and one another. Let this year be a new start for living into our mission: for going deeper into the Christian life as individuals and as a church community.
Our theme for this year is Faith Matters. We hope this theme will help us focus on three areas of the Christian life: our knowledge of the faith; living the faith; and sharing the faith. This way of life will open us more and more to the promises, presence, and activity of God in our daily lives. I will share more with you about this theme on September 12.
What else can you expect on Kick-Off Sunday?
- The return of Childcare
- Backpack blessings to mark the new school year at all four worship services: 8am, 9:15am, 9:45am, and 5pm
- The Adult Choir will return in full and lead us in worship at 9:15am
- Take-away packets available at 9:15am and 9:45am including this year’s Invitation to Ministry, a special gift or two, and – in only a few packets – Golden Tickets: certificates redeemable for a variety of fun prizes including a jar of St. David’s honey, the ability to pick a hymn for one Sunday morning worship, a gift card to St. David’s Gift Shop (reopening Sept. 13!), and a Take-Home BBQ dinner made by me! Watch Facebook and Instagram in the coming days as we share the full list of possible Golden Tickets ahead of September 12
- And finally, our new Family Worship begins at 9:45am in St. David’s Hall
Help us to make a Faithful Offering. In my August 9 email about our updated COVID protocols, I said that we will feed others on September 12 as a nod to having the picnic together. Please help to demonstrate the bounty of God’s gifts to us by bringing:
- Dry goods and non-perishable food for our food pantry partners and/or
- Vegetable and Beef Soup or Chicken Pasta Casserole for St. John’s in Norristown
Be sure you pick up your packet on September 12 to see if you got a Golden Ticket and to review this year’s Invitation to Ministry. Please look through this year’s Invitation to Ministry with the intention of allowing God to deepen your faith. How can you invite others into this life of faith? Which ministries and activities of our community is Christ calling you to? Consider some new way of answering that call. Allow God to mold you into the person God has created you to be and to become.
I look forward to being back together on Sunday, September 12!
Grace and Peace,
The Rev. W. Frank Allen
PS: There is no RSVP response to this invitation required for Sunday. Please join us!