Confirmation for youth is a year-long process of self-discovery and affirming of faith through interactive scripture engagement, mentorship, service, and relationship building. According to The Episcopal Church, confirmation is “the sacramental rite in which the candidates “express a mature commitment to Christ, and receive strength from the Holy Spirit through prayer and the laying on of hands by a bishop” (BCP, p. 860). Adults baptized with the laying on of hands by a bishop are considered to be confirmed.” The program outlined below is open to students in Grade 8 and above. Adults seeking confirmation should consult a member of the clergy.
- Instruction – In person, primarily on Sunday mornings from 10:30-11:15am in the Harrison Room.
- Worship – Confirmands will attend worship and participate in designated services.
- Outreach – Confirmands will have the opportunity to work in partnership with outreach ministries over the course of the year.
- Mentors – Each student will select a mentor to be their companion for the journey.
- Schedule – A detailed schedule is available for download below. Participation in 85% of activities is required. The first activity will be held on Saturday, September 17, 2022.
- Cost – There is a small fee of $75.00 per confirmand to participate in this year’s program. The fee goes to offset program and activity expenses. Scholarships are available by contacting Emily Given.
- Confirmation Ceremony – The Rite of Confirmation will be held on Sunday, June 4, 2023 at 11:30am in St. David’s Chapel. Confirmation Vigil and Dinner will be held the prior evening, Saturday, June 3, 2023. Both events are mandatory for this year’s program.
Registration for this year is closed. Please contact Emily Given at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or want more information.