The committee carries out this mission in several ways:
- On Wednesday mornings a convivial group gathers in the Archives room to collect and organize records for inclusion in our collection.
Publishing Historical Material of St. David’s
- Publications in process include “Old Saint David’s Confronts Change: The Building of the 1956 Chapel;” “The Story of the St. David’s Country Fair;” “The Relationship of Brognard Okie, Prominent Architect, to St. David’s” and “A History of Our International Mission Trips.”
Producing the Summer Series
- ‘Opus 84 Organ Presentation with Dr. Joe Bonn’ an illustrated live-streamed talk
- ‘Architectural Tour of the 2006 Chapel’ presented by Michael Merrick
- ‘Historic Interpretation at St. David’s Church’ presented by Bill Stroud
- ‘Legends of St. David’s’ presented by Michael Merrick
- ‘The Period of Shared Missionaries During the Revolutionary War’ presented by Stephen Dittman
- ‘Luther500 Celebration of Posting 500 Theses’ presented by Sanford Groff
Creating the rotating displays in the hallway leading to St. David’s Hall
Cataloging the material in the Committee’s possession
View the video below for a presentation by Dr. Joe Bonn about the history of research, decisions, and events that brought St. David’s the Opus 84: A Pipe Organ for the 4th Century of St. David’s Church.
We would welcome volunteers who enjoy discovering, organizing, describing and cataloging the materials in our collection. Contact Marianne Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-688-9317 for details.