WORSHIP & FORMATION UPDATE
SUNDAYS, JANUARY 9th AND 16th, 2022
Posted January 6, 2022
Dear St. David’s Community,
In response to rising COVID-19 rates in our area, and the especially-contagious Omicron variant, we are making a few changes to our Sunday morning worship and formation schedule. Please be assured that we remain open and available to you in these challenging times. These changes especially impact families with children and youth.
For the next two Sundays, January 9th and 16th, we will forgo the 9:45am Family Worship service. Since the Family Worship service is geared to the youngest of children who are unable to be vaccinated, we are cancelling it in an abundance of caution.
The rest of our service schedule will remain the same. Please note our ongoing health cautions below if you plan to attend in-person.
- 8:00am in the Church
- 9:15am in the Chapel and on the livestream. We will continue our chalking of the doors and a visit from The Magi. Please plan to pick up chalk and an Epiphany blessing to use at home on your way out. The 2nd Grade Bible ceremony has been rescheduled for the spring. There will be no childcare and no children’s sermon offered on site.
- 11:30am in the Church
- 5:00pm in the Church
Adult forum will return, hybrid, at 10:30am. Please see the new series description below.
We’re excited to offer Children & Youth Formation online at 10:30am on January 9th and 16th. The program will be held synchronously. Please be sure to log in this week to visit with The Magi and our Rector, The Rev. W. Frank Allen. Necessary links will be in both the new monthly Family Ministry email Thursday afternoon and the newly revised Clergy email on Friday morning. There will be no pre-recorded children’s sermons either of these Sundays.
The Primary, Children’s, and Youth Choirs will begin rehearsals on Wednesday, January 26th.
We will continue to assess the situation with the virus and make additional changes as needed in the coming days and weeks. Please watch for updates from us and your ministry leadership.
Please note our continuing health precautions:
- This virus is complicated; mask-wearing continues to be required at worship for all people, regardless of vaccination status. The CDC recently recommended that you wear N95, KN95, or a three-ply surgical mask instead of cloth masks. We continue to have a supply of surgical masks available in our buildings, as well as hand sanitizer.
- Please continue to maintain social distancing in the pews and in the Eucharist line.
- We have been and will continue to deep clean surfaces, including between services.
- As always, we ask that you use your discretion and make use of our livestream if you are feeling at all unwell or unsafe about attending worship in-person.
Thank you for your ongoing care and concern for others as we continue to navigate these ever-changing circumstances. If you have any further questions about a specific ministry or event, please contact the clergy or staff person responsible.
May the healing and hope of Christ be with us this new year.
St. David’s Clergy & Staff