Join with our fellow Episcopalians across The Episcopal Diocese of Pennsylvania to provide needed items to Afghan refugees coming through Fort Dix.
In response to the urgent and traumatic situation in Afghanistan, the diocese’s Global Mission Commission will be initiating a few ways our diocese can help support our Afghanistan brothers and sisters affected by this.
Donations: The diocese will be collecting items for the remainder of September that will be distributed to people coming from Afghanistan into our airports. Bring or send items to St. David’s by Thursday, October 14.
- Items for babies: Diaper cream, clothes, newborn hats and socks, diapers, wipes, bottles, baby food (no glass jars and no meat) spoons and new pacifiers
- Children’s clothes (long sleeves and pants)
- MEN’S CLOTHING-IMMEDIATE NEED* (no shorts or tank tops)
- Women’s clothing (mostly long sleeve but modest short sleeve is acceptable, no shorts, dresses or tank tops)
- Feminine hygiene products (no tampons)
- New modest underwear for adults and kids
- New socks for adults and kids
- Hats for all ages (cold weather and warm)
- Blankets (clean or new)
- Shoes (new or clean with very little wear)
- Toys (not battery operated)
- Stuffed animals
NO GLASS ITEMS or pillows
Please no monetary donations, e.g. gift cards, cash, etc. Only items from the list please.
Please mark this page and check back for additional opportunities to help as we determine them in the coming days.