UPDATED JANUARY 26TH, 2021
Dear People of St. David’s,
I pray that you and yours are safe and well and that God continues to give us the grace and courage to persevere in this time of the COVID-19 pandemic. I know the disruption to all of our lives has been challenging. I so admire the many ways you all are living your lives as fully as possible and continuing to be part of this church on the mission to know God in Jesus Christ and to make Christ known to others.
We are preparing to re-open for in-person worship beginning Sunday, February 7. Our Bishop, the Rt. Rev. Daniel Gutiérrez, has been consistent in requiring that we adhere to the protocols from the Commonwealth and the CDC to establish the Diocesan guidelines. In consultation with the Bishop, St. David’s will be able to welcome 125 persons per service in the Chapel at 8:00 am, 9:15 am and 5:00 pm.
We will continue to be closed to other ministries and events for the time being.
Please know that risk mitigation and procedures have not changed; they are listed below:
- St. David’s encourages all at-risk individuals to stay home and requires that those symptomatic stay home
- Masks are required for all Clergy, Staff, volunteers and visitors as they attend any indoor or outdoor activities
- Social distancing must be practiced at all times
- Hand sanitizer must be used upon entering the building
- All volunteers and visitors entering the building must first schedule with the Office Manager, Diane Dowlin, and sign in with the receptionist
- All worship and activity attendance will be capped at 125 people, including Clergy
- Childcare will not be offered at this time
- Bathroom use is discouraged; individuals will need to sanitize after use
- The Sunday worship times will be at 8:00 am, 9:15 am and 5:00 pm each Sunday and will all be in the Chapel – in-person (must register)
- We will continue to livestream the 9:15 am Chapel worship
- Standing Communion will be offered but parishioners will not partake of the wine
- Boisterous singing will not be allowed, but parishioners may sing quietly or hum
- All risk mitigation protocols will be observed
- In-person worship can be scheduled each Wednesday before the service through the SignUp link on the website. A detailed communication will be sent out electronically each Tuesday in the “Catch up with St. David’s” digital newsletter.
Please know, that these times and plans may also change once again. While we will keep everyone updated, I thank you for your continued patience. Thank you and God bless you all.
Grace and Peace.
The Rev. W. Frank Allen
Rector of St. David’s